Thursday, October 2, 2014

Letter Twenty Nine

Oh beautiful soul, how very different you are. 
I peeled back the lie I had sewn. 
It was woven into my eyelids and blinding me. 
How kind and perfect you are, my love. 
I feel you breathe when my heart beats. 
We are connected; body, soul, heart. 
I long to hold you against me so I can feel your heart beat against my cheek. 
Let me kiss you. I want your lips on mine before I melt into a puddle of tears again. 
I am only solid for small moments in time. 
Embrace me in this hopeless state.
I am fragile and weak, but you are strong and sturdy.
I close my eyes and I feel your strong arms wrap themselves around my small frame. 
You smell like rain falling from the night sky onto my bare skin. 
I want to dance in your rain. 
I pray you will let your cold heart feel the warmth of my love. 
You shiver in fear and coldness and back away from me. 
Pain and hurt fill the irises of your eyes with the coldest blue. 
The shadows of love and hate both cover your beautiful face as you pull away. 
I feel my heart cracking inside my chest as I realize I can't see your face anymore. 
Tears well up in your eyes as you let go of me, each finger secretly longing to hold on but unable to. 
Guilt, confusion, and sadness color your face with grey and darkness.
My mouth opens to call you back, but my heart leaps into my throat and I choke up nothing but a heavy and horrible sigh. 
A sigh of relief and despair. 
How can I miss you already when you're only feet away from me still? 
My eyes start to burn with hot tears as the crack in my heart breaks it into two equal pieces.
My chest aches. My legs are numb. My eyes burn. My lips are dry. 
I stand. I wait. I hope. I doubt. I crave. I miss. I cry. I scream. I stare.  I reach. I need. I feel.



I love... 



You. 


No comments:

Post a Comment