Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Letter Eighteen

BLUE. It is my favorite color. I had this revelation a few months ago and was reminded of it tonight as I painted my blue, monochromatic picture for class. Initially I just assumed I had an affinity for the pigment; simple and sweet; but I quickly realized that my adoration for the color blue has an origin and an important place in my life; something so much deeper and meaningful than I could have imagined. 

Quite often I find that my breath is taken away from me whilst wandering alone in nature, surrounded by creation. The trees, the flowers, the ground, the animals are all glorious and amazing, but nothing is as humbling, as resplendent, as majestic to me as the sky. The Lord romances me every time he sneaks some blue into the sky; every time he paints the moon orange; every time I see the floor of heaven through the stars. My spirit dances and my soul sings and my heart pounds when he fills everything above me with blue. 



I find that the dome shape of the sky that hugs the entire Earth, the millions of stars and planets that sprinkle bits of light above us, the huge billowing clouds that float land so gracefully and determined, humble me and remind me of God's splendor, beauty, strength, and love. 

Glory! Glory! Glory! 






No comments:

Post a Comment