Monday, February 25, 2013

Letter Fifteen




I am coming upon a new season in life and I find myself constantly pondering the path that lies ahead. I know nothing of the Lord's amazing plans for me, but I do know that He has me in his arms the whole way. I have tried too often to lead myself where I feel I should go rather than humble myself enough to surrender that power to God, who knows me more than I know myself. I have been praying for the vulnerability and the faith that this new adventure in my life will require in order for me to fully and wholeheartedly pursue Him. I adore the following passage from the Bible and feel it is a guide for every Christ follower's heart and I just pray that I can embrace this in every aspect of my life. I desire so much to find that balance of both pouring into others' lives and yet maintaining my carefree and zealous spirit that dances for the Lord every day. This verse is the answer to my many prayers for contentment and I am so excited for what the Lord has in store for me!


ROMANS 12:9-13

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment